Monday, April 26, 2010

life has changed!



A lot of things have surprised me about motherhood. The most obvious is how much of work it is, and how much of patience it requires! Being a mother is so much more fulfilling than anything I’ve ever done. In my career, I’ve worked with interesting people and have had exciting times, but nothing of all that compares to the simple moments that I have had with my little Aadhya. I love watching her grow. Initially I thought I’d be bored sitting at home but to my surprise, there’s never a dull moment!

I wanted to be a mother simply because I wanted to experience what my own mother called “the most wonderful, yet terrifying, but the fulfilling thing that life has to offer.” With a description like that, I knew I had to check it out for myself. Only one year on the job and I can see that she was right.

It was just few days back when Aadhya held the ice cube in her hands for the first time. She was amazed and filled with joy, but the real fun and excitement grew for her, when it started melting. It was something really new for her. The more she tried to hold it tight, it started to melt in her little hands. She came running to me, " Mumma, hold it for me". The innocence of a child that a mother feels and experiences everyday, is something that is very special, and only a mother can understand that.

I love each moment of my life that I am share with her...

No comments:

Post a Comment