Sunday, May 2, 2010

hush a bye baby

Hush a bye baby, on the tree top,
When the wind blows the cradle will rock;
When the bow breaks, the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all.


Little Aadhya enjoys her mummy singing to her, even though I don’t sing very well. I create my own cute silly songs filling them with different sounds of animals, birds, vehicles; animating it with different hand movements like clapping, tapping; including her name, and then in the end, see her dance on the same. I believe she not only learns vocabulary, language and gestures but also bonds better with me. I rock her cradle, and at times carry her in my arms, singing her lullabies which creates a special "connection" and thus, brings her pleasure and security.

Singing to her has become part of my daily routine. Amazingly, it is such a helpful resource for calming her down that my hubby dear has recorded my songs which he plays to her when I am not around.

No comments:

Post a Comment