Importance of Reading and ways to cultivate it
Reading skills benefit students not only academically, they are also a skill required for lifelong success. Reading develops vocabulary, increases attention span, and promotes stronger analytical thinking.To help your child understand the importance of reading, start reading stories, bedtime stories from an early age (by 1 year). Start a routine with some short stories, fairy tales or fables .
Ways to encourage reading:
- Use interactive books
- Expose her to books from a variety of genres.
- Take her to the local library.
- Set a daily reading time.
- Let your chid select her favourite books and authors.
- Demonstrate your love of reading to your kids.
- Read their favourite stories again and again.
- Ask questions to encourage speaking skills.