You can help your child develop better during this period by engaging her in a few of such activities.
- Call her by her name all the time.
- Introduce her to people in the neighborhood so that she gets used strangers, make friends and does not suffer stranger anxiety.
- Play rocking games by placing her on your lap.
- Blow raspberries on her tummy while playing and encourage her making the similar sound.
- Get a soft ball, roll it around and encourage her to crawl and catch it.
- Imitate all the sounds that she makes, and make use of those toys which make different types of sounds.
- Play a lot of water games in the bath tub. Tickle her, move fingers on her feet, and splash some water to make it fun.
- Read aloud. Start with board books, which are short and sturdy.
Next week, we will talk about the development between the age of 8 to 12 months.